"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Help a church grow in lubbock, tx
LOCATION: Shepherd of the Plains Lutheran Church - Lubbock, TX
DATES: February 12 - April 5, 2019
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: 6-8 volunteers/week for 5-7 weeks
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 11, 2018
PROJECT MANAGER: Robert Browning - Read the project manager letter [HERE]
Builders For Christ will assist members of Shepherd of the Plains Lutheran Church in adding a large kitchen, installing new windows, and some modifications to the current fellowship area in the church as well as kitchen remodeling in the parsonage. Any and all help is welcome! Sign up for a few days, weeks, or the entire project.
Step 1) Complete the Kingdom Workers Application.
This form is required of all volunteers.*
Step 2) Complete the BFC Project Form with more specific details.
Step 3) Sign the Kingdom Workers Volunteer Agreement.
Once signed, this Agreement covers all future service (as of March 1, 2018).
NOTE: Completion of these forms does not necessarily mean that you will be placed on this project. You will receive further information from the Project Manager and/or the Volunteer Management Team.
* In an effort to maintain current records, we ask that all volunteers complete the Kingdom Workers Volunteer Application. If you served on a BFC project and completed a Kingdom Workers Application, there is an option to complete the Alumni Application, which is considerably shorter. You must complete the Alumni Application prior to the BFC Project Sign Up Form.
What should I bring? Volunteers use their own personal tools, such as a hammer, nail belt, 1”x25’ tape measure, speed square, utility knife with blades, pry bar, and chalk line. All other tools are provided by BFC.
- - Camping will be available on site.
- - Housing may be available with members of the congregation. Contact the Project Manager for more details.
- - If there is enough interest, a BFC camper may be available on site (rental charge of $75/week for a two-week minimum stay).
A noon meal and two snacks will be provided each day. Volunteers are responsible for their own meals in the morning, evening, and on non-working days. Anyone not involved with the day-to-day building process are encouraged to assist the congregation with the meals and break snacks as needed.
COSTS TO CONSIDER:
- Transportation: Airfare or mileage
- Housing: RV, hotel
-Food: Volunteers cover any meal not provided
Support Builders For Christ
Other Important BFC Info
Learn more about Shepherd of the Plains Lutheran Church