KINGDOM WORKERS IS HIRING
Job Title: Builders For Christ Director
Department: Kingdom Workers Ministry Programs
Reports To: Senior Director of Ministry
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried Position)
The Builders For Christ (BFC) Director shall report to the Kingdom Workers (KW) Senior Director of Ministry (SDM). The responsibilities of this role include leading the development, execution, and management of all construction-related KW program activity, globally, in both innovative community contexts and traditional BFC models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee all KW construction activity and the BFC program in accordance with the mission, values, and strategic plan of Kingdom Workers.
- In collaboration with the KW Mission Services Team, recruit, engage, and manage appropriately skilled construction volunteers and project managers.
- In collaboration with the KW Mission Advancement Team, develop relationships with key KW-BFC donors and solicit appropriate financial support.
- Collaborate with all KW Field Managers to align construction ministry with any ongoing KW ministry in their field.
- Collaborate with the KW Brand & Creative Team to capture ministry outcomes and photos, and ensure appropriately branded communication pieces are delivered to the KW & BFC constituency.
- Work with the KW Director of Finance to budget and transact BFC fiscal activities in compliance with KW financial policy and practices.
- Maintain a strong relationship with all BFC Project Managers (PM), maintaining alignment among BFC PM’s with the values and mission of KW.
- Ensure all BFC PM’s are technically sound, and provide training and continuing education as necessary.
- Provide leadership to the BFC Project Manager Advisory Team, and serve as a liaison for this team with the rest of the KW organization, ensuring all BFC PM’s and volunteers receive timely and appropriate information.
- Serve as first and primary contact with any CELC congregations desiring construction resources.
- Manage the services of the Pre-Construction Advisory Consultants.
- Identify and qualify construction projects and, in consultation with the BFC PM Advisory Team, assign Project Managers to approved projects.
- Oversee the acquisition, storage, maintenance, and provisioning of the necessary tools and equipment for each construction project.
- Collaborate and coordinate with architects, construction management firms, or general contractors when necessary.
- Liaise with the Church Extension Fund (CEF), WELS Mission Office, and Christian Aid & Relief.
- Ensure construction activities and volunteer campground activities are completed in conformance with all local regulations, zoning ordinances, and relevant regulatory entities and agencies.
- Ensure all construction is performed in a safe, OSHA compliant fashion, in conformance with all relevant construction and labor laws.
- Coordinate the with KW Director of Finance to ensure Kingdom Workers’ liability and risk management is properly positioned for all construction activity.
- Maintain and execute a personal plan of ongoing professional development.
- Perform all activity in a God-pleasing manner and promote a productive organizational environment and Christian atmosphere.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SDM.
Provide direction, management, and leadership to BFC co-workers and the BFC Project Managers.
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- A true passion for reaching the lost, a commitment to outreach and discipleship of mission volunteers, good stewardship, and creating a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication.
- Organizational/Construction management knowledge, including customer relations, project development, budgeting and implementation
- Innovation – open-mindedness to creatively handle challenges in different ways, to increase number of projects completed per year, so that more communities and congregations receive the benefits and blessings of this service.
- A college degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Reside near or willing to relocate near the KW office in Waukesha, WI.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent executive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills; analytical and strategic planning abilities; and experience in deploying human and financial resources towards construction projects.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Skilled at public relations and conflict/problem resolution.
- Able to ensure all documents and records are properly maintained, and a willingness to provide project reports and construction status to all who have a vested interest or a need to know.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be a member in good standing of a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference (WELS, ELS, etc.)
- Valid Passport required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
physical demands/work environment
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Moyle, Senior Director of Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT KINGDOM WORKERS
Kingdom Workers is a global, Christian non-profit that mobilizes believers to meet the physical and spiritual needs of communities around the world. We advance the gospel by partnering with local churches and their communities to discover and overcome their greatest obstacles together. The healing experienced results in lasting change that glorifies God.
Kingdom Workers spreads the gospel by mobilizing Christians in locally sustainable mission work addressing spiritual and physical needs in communities worldwide.