Apply for this Volunteer Position!
For further information contact Laura Harstad
Director of Volunteer Management
Proven ability to work collaboratively
Computer literacy Organization
Data Entry Skills
Attention to Detail
An ability to work to deadlines
A commitment to creating a work environment that fosters open and honest communication
Share this page!
Are you detail-oriented? Do you enjoy working on computers? Can you analyze information and organize data? Would you like to join a Kingdom Workers volunteer team? If so, read the volunteer description below and see if this is an opportunity for you to use your gifts in service to God’s Kingdom.
Position Title: Volunteer Data Entry
Department: Kingdom Workers Support Services
Reports To: Laura Harstad, Director of Volunteer Management
Prepared Date: March 2015
Summary: The data entry volunteer will report directly to the Director of Volunteer Management. The responsibilities include (but are not limited to) entering volunteer information from applications, interest in mission forms, interviews, resumes, and other documents used to gather volunteer information. Kingdom Workers houses their database in the program eTapestry. Volunteers will also organize communication received through email and programs such as Slack and Trello.
Expected Volunteer Time Commitment: 5 hours a week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Enter details from Kingdom Workers Volunteer Applications into eTapestry
- Carefully document information regarding each individual’s availability, skills, and other factors which may qualify or disqualify an individual for service.
- Prepare data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Review data for deficiencies; resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verify entered constituent and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both files when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a current list of tasks accomplished.
- Represent Kingdom Workers in communication with friends, family, church, and community.
- Conduct all activities so as to engender good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate: This individual must be a member in good standing of a church officially associated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference (of which the WELS and ELS are members), possess demonstrated ability in clear and concise interpersonal communication, and possess knowledge related to the various areas of service possible through Kingdom Workers.
Physical and Unique Demands: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job.