JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
EMPLOYER: Kingdom Workers
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
EFFECTIVE DATE: To be determined
Provides timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis on all aspects of company’s accounting and finance activities. Administers human resources activities including but not limited to employee hiring practices and benefit plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Implements company’s financial policies and procedures.
- • Directs the accumulation, recording, preparation and reporting of financial data; prepares, analyzes, and reconciles financial statements and related reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- • Develops, interprets, and implements systems and processes to ensure timely financial reporting.
- • Manages all budget process activities; forecasts all company operational and financial aspects.
- • Coordinates all internal and external financial audits.
- • Manages all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- • Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares, analyzes and reconciles monthly financial statements.
- • Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- • Works to determine best practices and high priority improvements for company financial processes.
- • Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- • Confers with chief executive officer and other personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- • Administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- • Coordinates employee benefit programs including but not limited to health insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA, FMLA, and other programs.
- • Responds to employee’s benefit questions, resolves problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, orients newly eligible employees, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
- • Maintains employee files.
- • Communicates benefit programs changes and updates.
- • Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates.
- • Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- • Directly supervises other employees.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- • Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
- • Minimum of four years related experience and/or training.
- • Working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and financial reports.
• A spirit of service for Christ centered work
• Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
• Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
• Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- • Visionary Leadership--Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- • Change Management—Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- • Leadership--Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- • Managing People--Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- • Quality Management--Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- • Frequently required to sit
- • Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- • Frequently required to talk or hear
- • Frequently use a keyboard
- • Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT KINGDOM WORKERS
Kingdom Workers is a global, Christian non-profit that mobilizes believers to meet the physical and spiritual needs of communities around the world. We advance the gospel by partnering with local churches and their communities to discover and overcome their greatest obstacles together. The healing experienced results in lasting change that glorifies God.
Mission Statement: Kingdom Workers spreads the gospel by mobilizing Christians in locally sustainable mission work addressing spiritual and physical needs in communities worldwide.
Direct any questions or concerns regarding this position to Chad Ellwein.